Saturday

Fortune Cookies

In the spirit of the Chinese New Year and also because it was my cousin's birthday, I made Fortune Cookies!

All you need is:
3 egg whites
50g icing sugar
40g butter (melted)
50g plain flour

Method
1.Preheat oven to 200*C. Line a tray with parchment paper and grease that too.
2.lightly whisk egg whites and icing sugar.
3. Add melted butter and flour and beat until smooth.
4. Use a desert spoon to drop the mixture onto tray in circles. Only put about 5 circles of the mixture on the tray at any time. Make sure the parchment paper has been greased so when the time comes you won't scream at the them for sticking.
5. Bake for 6 minutes, until golden.
6. Place a message on the circles and fold over. Fold again and rest it on the rim of a cup/glass.
7. Keep repeating step 4-6 until you run out of mixture.

And seeing as it was my eldest cousin's 30th birthday, I pounced on the opportunity to give her some ... amusing fortunes... ^_^

I think its funny that your birthday coincides with a global economic depression.

I enjoy giving you a birthday card because you are and always will be older than me.

Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.
 
Happy Birthday Julie!
x

4 comments:

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^