Monday

Interview #1

On the 28th of every month I plan to interview a fabulous blogger. First up is the wonderful Ruby from her book-mad blog: Feed Me Books Now.
Everyone give a warm welcome to Ruby!

one two check check. on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Before we begin I want to thank you very much for being my first interviewee. And also for your amazing entry in the writing competition a few months back. I adore your blog and your book reviews. It's usually where I go to choose what book I'll go track down to read next.
What ever made you decide to create your own blog? I've always loved reading and writing, and so combining those two hobbies seemed like the perfect waste of time! :)

-What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Ummm... There's so much! But what I really love is when somebody reads one of my posts and has something deeply thoughtful to say – it just makes me smile! :) Oh, and and another thing I loooveee are all the amazing bloggers I've met *cough* Marian *cough*.

-On average, how long does it take to read a book? Hmmm... It depends if I like the book. But on average, I'd say one or two nights, I'm quite a fast reader when I want to be.

-Is there anything other than reading that you love as much? Well, I love a lot of things! I've always had a passion for writing, but I'm also quite arty. I keep an art journal (well, I did until I lost it) and I draw a lot in my free time. So yeah, I love anything to do with craft! :P

-Did you ever think your blog would be so popular?
Nooooo.... Definitely not. When I started, my aim was to get 10 followers! When I passed that goal, I got a bit tooooo happy! Like, really happy.

-Do many of your friends know you have a blog? Ummm... To be honest, I haven't told any of them. Well, I've told one of my primary school friends, but I haven't told any of my secondary school friends. I don't know if they'd get it... The person I've told is really into reading, and so it was easy to tell her!

-How did you come up with the name of your blog "Feed Me Books Now"?
It was actually inspired by a quote from the Inkheart series: ''Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be
chewed and digested.''
I liked the concept of books being like food... And so I ended up with a name that sort of reflected that idea. Also, I wanted to add in a little picture of a monster somewhere!

-If you had to rename your blog for some unknown reason, what would you choose? Hmmmm... Probably 'The Book Thief' or maybe 'Bazinga Books!'... Can you guess what inspired me there?

-Ha! Brilliant name. Speaking of Sheldon Cooper, he has a lot of fears like the fear of  falling (which actually is the fear of heights) do you have any weird fears? I'm not scared of anything weird at the moment, but in the past, I did have a lot of ummm... unusual fears. To name a few: I used to have a fear of people wearing my shoes, I used to be scared of my shadow and I used to be terrified of tree houses... I think it's safe to say I've matured.
-What is your favourite TV show? The Big Bang Theory!!!! But I also love Sherlock and Doctor Who!
-And lastly what is your ambition in life? Well, I know it would be difficult, but I've always wanted to publish a book... I write a lot, and so to have other people read my work would be amazing!
 
And that's a wrap!
Special thanks to Ruby for being such a wonderful interviewee!
x

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for interviewing me! I can't wait to read more of your interviews, the questions are so fun! Oh, and congrats on reaching 5000 views! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely keep up with interviews Marian as it is SOOOOOOOOO much fun. This is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will!!! It is actually fun. You up for an intervew sometime??
      Marian :D x

      Delete
    2. Oh my Gosh, I'd love to. That would be really fun!!!! Let me know when you want me to. Thank you!!!!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! I love interviews ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You like being interviewed too? ;D ^_^

      Delete
  4. Great post - it sounds like we have so much in common Ruby, I love all the same shows and hobbies as you ! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely interview! More interviews! And I couldn't help but notice you have loads of awards!! O_O WOAH... I have none...but never mind!! I love love your blog it's amazing
    - Rachel
    thesatchelgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Rachel! There was a whole plague of award giving over the summer and everyone ended up with some sort of award ^_^ x

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^