Friday

A Case of the Blogger's Block

It is infuriating to sit in front of the screen and be completely at a loss. With about  two weeks now, I have absolutely no idea what to blog about. It's not as if I haven't been doing much but nothing seems to inspire me enough. There's about a zillion great ideas out there, and I have come across a few, but I always forget what they are. So to all bloggers of the blogosphere, invest in a pocket notebook. Carry it everywhere and jot down anything, anything at all that captures your interest. You're bound to come up with something someone will like.... hopefully.
I've always tried to keep my blog content at a *suitable for all ages*, even when there were a ton of things that angered me horrified me and inspired me. For example, the raising of the British flag in Northern Ireland, abortion and malala. But does everyone agree with what I have to say or can my big mouth get me in trouble? So I will refrain from extreme outburst of things that don't affect me. Anyway, who wants a teenager yammering on about topics she doesn't really have a clue about.
Craft post are great as long as they are about something new that other people will want to make. Baking is always a delicious option and book reviews, well, I can't get enough of them. But there is one teeny problem, blogger have still not fixed the upload button! I'm sure they will fix it very soooon *cough* *cough* (hint hint blogger!)
I'm going to pose 2 questions to everyone who's reading this:
What do you like in a blog?
What blog content really sparks your interest?
x
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes, I just have no idea what to write, and that's easy to see through my posts. I feel my blog is losing it's sparkle... If it ever had one! What I personally like in a blog, is when you never know what to expect... Check out Orli's audio post on her blog, and you'll know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog has always had a sparkle and I assure you it still does!!
      The unexpected you say? Well, I'd better go listen to Orli's audio posts then.
      Marian :D x

      Delete
  2. I am in that position all the time too. All of these topics you mentioned horrify and anger me, such as the abortion issue we have here in Ireland. What kind of sickos do we have in this country?
    I totally have a big mouth but like you said and same with me, I always make sure that my blog is age appropriate for my readers (pretty much all ages) and also I make sure to never go too far of what I say.
    What I like in a blog, as Ruby said that you never know what to expect and also I like meaning words in a blog such as yours and your blog has always remained a favourite of mine. Your blog and Cat's blog (even though there is so many, the list is pretty much endless) really spark my interest because you two have so much inspiration of what you post and all of your topics are just so.... meaningful is what I can describe. You two inspire me every day to come out better with my posts and put out some magic and structure, if that makes any sense.
    This is such a wonderful post and everything you are saying is just reflecting and enchanting. I hope you come out more with posts like this. - Abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's such a sweet comment!
      Thank you Abbie!!
      Marian ^_^ x <3

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you Marian. This really put a smile on my face :-)

      Delete
    3. P.S - With my blog there are times I have no idea what to write and other times I always have ideas. I just feel it is losing something, maybe the glitz perhaps?

      Delete
    4. I think your blog is fab. It certainly doesn't seam like it's losing its "glitz"! Its so versatile with interviews, guest posts, music....
      I find that I, too, sometimes have lots to write and others I'll just blank. I really recommend writing your inspiring post down just to remind yourself what it was. Then when your siting in front of the screen, bazinga, you have so much to say! ^_^

      Delete
    5. Oh my Gosh, thank you so much!!! These comforting worlds put a smile on my face. Thank you so much for believing in me Marian.
      I really enjoy your craft/art/recipe/review/book... etc posts. I love your blog and it really inspires me and this is such a warming post.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm - I love your craft posts to be honest! :D

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^