Wednesday

I, Alex Cross


Whilst on holidays, I actually ran out of books! Can you believe it? I only brought half of my Gallagher Girl collection, so, suddenly I was found with nothing to read! Oh the Trauma!!! My aunt had just finished hers and luckily she said I could read it.
This is probably the first adult book I have read. It is from the "world's bestselling thriller writer" James Patterson.
Basically it tells the story of Detective Alex Cross and this completely crazy and sick murder investigation. The first piece of evidence is of his niece Caroline. There are many other killings very similar to Caroline's, which is really creepy, because everything is linked and there is only one killer.
It is an alright book. I didn't think it was brilliant though. There was so many characters, it was hard to remember who each one was!
The chapters were extremely short. In fact, out of the 456 pages there was 117 chapters!
The ending was good in some ways. It went on a little too long because just when everything was coming together and life was starting to get better for Alex, it's all turned up side down again. So I was kind of left with a "cliffhanger".
This is definitely a gruesome story and not for the faint hearted. I won't go into too much detail about the killings only it involved a wood chipper (shudders).
Apparently, this is the 14th instalment and there are more sequels. But, I will not be going out of my way just to read them. It is intriguing with a very surprising ending, but, if I were you I wouldn't get too upset if I never get the chance to read it.
6.8/10
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^