Thursday

The Characters come to Life

Usually people have some idea how characters look in books. More often than not, when the movie comes out there's a lot of annoyance over the actors. You see actors play a key role in a reader's life. We, regularly, read the book prior to  visiting the cinema, therefore we have our own versions of how the character should look, talk and walk (well maybe not walk....)
I have a formed imaginary cast of specific characters from books without movie versions (..for the present time)

The Night Circus

Celia Bowen

(From left to right)
Alexis Bledel,
Lily Collins,
Emma Watson
Marco


Ben Barnes,
or
Gaspard Ulliel
 
Poppet

Ellie Darcey-Alden
 
The Book Thief
 
 Liesel
 
Willow Shields
 
Rudy
Freddie Highmore
(probably too old now...)
 
 Mr. Hubermann
Gabriel Byrne
or
F. Murray Abraham
Mrs. Hubermann
 
Mirium Margoyle
(not what I had in mind but close enough)
 
The Gallagher Girls
 
Cammie
Shatiene Woodley

Bex
 
Tiffany Hines
 
Liz
Brigit Mendler
Zach
 
Drew Roy

Hush Hush

Nora
Emma Roberts
or
Molly Quinn
 
Patch
Ian Sommerhalder,
Drew Roy,
Louis Prades
 
Scott
Alex Pettyfer
 
 
The Summer I turned Pretty
 
Belly
Indiana Evans
 
Conrad
Matt Lanter
 
Jeremiah
 
Alex Pettyfer
 
Susasanah
Julia Roberts
 
So what so you think?
*braces self for shouts of anger and objection*
x
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Perfect choice for the Gallagher Girls!!! Love that series. Drew Roy would be a good Zach! I love Zach. Awesome Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, that's almost exactly how I pictured Zach.
      Marian ^_^ x

      Delete
  2. Willow Sheilds is the perfect Liesel, and I love your choices for the Hubermanns! This is such a great post idea, and I form a picture of the character In my mind all the time. When they're adapted into films this can be frustrating, if they're not how you've pictured them but I sometimes love the casting choices. Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss was a perfect choice and so was Josh Hutcheson as Peeta, as well as Shailene Woodely playing Hazel in The Fault in Our Stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Willow looks exactly how I would picture Liesel. And Jennifer as Katniss was spot on.
      I did not know that Shailene Woodley is Hazel .....! :/
      Can't wait to read the book!
      Marian ^_^ x

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^