Tuesday

Loose in London

I still don't understand how our parents could let 4 teenagers on their own for five days in one of the biggest cities in the world! For months now, I have been saving every penny and sacrificing  my social life to afford this holiday. But it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! I mean, wow....... London is HUGE! And there are people from every culture there.  We landed last Tuesday in Heathrow, after a very exciting morning,  our flight had an emergency landing so that wasn't a great omen. We stayed in an apartment that was mega modern but really tiny. My feet hurt so much after walking regent street and oxford down to covent garden. According to Dawn I had tumer-like extra toe that was indeed a very nasty blister. We were the best tourists London ever had.
 
 
Here are my favourite places we visited:
Wicked
WickedThis is the best musical I have EVER SEEN. I would classify it as a must do before I die. I am obsessed with Wicked, my most played tracks on my ipod are all Wicked. As far as I know it was the awesome Louise Dearman and Gina Beck that played Elphaba and Glinda last Thursday the 20th of June (if anyone can confirm this, please do?). I was completely dazzled by their performance and I can't express how brilliant this show is. Wicked is completely enchantingly deadly.
London Eye
This was a nice way to see the city. It is really slow and cold but the view from the pods are just breath taking. The queue wasn't that long (well an hour...). Next time I come to London (oh yes, I will be back!) I don't think I'll visit it again. It's more of a been there done that. But if it's your first time visiting you just have to go on the London Eye.
Bus Tour
This was actually really fun. We got to sit on an open roof bus (which is always going to make my day). This is where I probably took the most pictures. I got to pass J.K Rowling's house among other famous peoples and saw really expensive cars. We passed Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Madam Tussauds and even had a free river cruise.  It was also great to finally sit down!
Madam Tussauds
The queue for this was unbearably long! I think we were standing in line for almost 2 hours just to buy tickets. And we were in a rush to have dinner as well as see Wicked, so we pretty much ran through it, pushing people out of the way to get pictures. There's one of me and Ghandi (please ignore any sunburn you may see.... who knew you could get burnt in London?!) Some wax figures were very fake while others were startlingly real. My favourite of course is Emma Watson, the Beatles and the royal family tied in second place. The scream place inside there is cool too. I  screamed the whole way as we walked around while clinging onto Noreen. It is not actually that scary but the man beforehand giving out the rules terrified me. Make sure to have a lot of time here for full enjoyment.
M & M's World
This is exactly what it is. It is M&M's World. It is dazzling! The smell of the chocolate wafting from that shop.... We visited there everyday! It's just so colourful. It reminds me of Willy Wonka's factory with giant M&Ms instead of oompaloompas.
Summing it all up, London is WICKED! It was an incredible experience for a mere 17 year old. I came away with a new obsession, a sun burn, an oxford university jumper and 2 pounds. By the way, sterling is theee most confusing currency ever! Why on earth are some coins bigger that higher values. It just doesn't make any sense!......
Oh and may I also say, why are British boys so good looking????!!!!
 


"Wicked!"
x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great trip! I'm so jealous I would LOVE to visit London. I will do it sometime, I've promised myself :) and British boys always seem to be gorgeous, it's just unfair!
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was Fabulous! I'm considering living there and making my profession as a Daily Wicked viewer (if that were ever possible.... sadly I don't think so...)
      Yes, I totally agree, and their accents .....!!!
      Marian ^_^ x

      Delete
  2. Woooh London yay!!! I feel as if I should show some appreciation for my city haha. I saw Wicked a couple of years ago and have wanted to see it again ever since! :D And I've been to all the places you went to and I enjoyed them all very much. :) Sooooo I'm glad ya liked my city hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ you're so lucky to live there. Accept one thing I noticed is that it is very hard to breathe there. Where is all the oxygen? I could almost see the CO2 rising in the air (not that it actually rises, come to think of it, I think CO2 is more dense than air....)
      Marian ^_^ x
      And do go see Wicked again!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. I was in London on Monday too! We may have passed each-other and not realised! I went from Regent Street to Convent Garden...but in a taxi! I'm glad you had an amazing time, I would love to visit Madame Tusauds one day!
    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was brilliant. Actually I think it was Tuesday I walked that whole street, but I hung around there almost everyday so it is a possibility....!
      Marian ^_^ x

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^