Tuesday

Back to the Basic Cupcake

I've tried many recipes for cupcakes, muffins, queen cakes, fairy cakes or what ever you choose to call them. They've all been standard and plain but this one I found recently is really delicious.
It's really important to have a correct recipe for basic cupcakes as it is the first step to creating and decorating the most spectacular creations. How would we have been able to make these wonderful tasty treats without this recipe?
(here's a few pictures I googled)
                                    
       

Ingrediants
110g butter
110g Castor sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
140g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (raising agent)

Method
1. preheat oven 170*C
2. In a bowl, cream the butter.
3. Add sugar and cream together.
4. Add the eggs, one by one, beating all the time.
5. Add vanilla extract.
6. Fold in sieved flour and baking powder.
Bake the mixture in a prepared muffin tin or paper cases for 10 minutes!

Here is one form of cupcake I made with this mixture: Jam and cream butterfly buns
Happy Baking!
x



3 comments:

  1. Are you going to put up the chocolate orange muffin recipe? ~hopeful face~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually made a chocolate orange muffin but I'd really love to give it a shot. Hmmm... now where's my wooden spoon .... I'll post about it once I'm finished! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, I was thinking of another blogger I follow who recently posted about baking chocolate orange muffins but didn't put up the recipe! Dammit that's embarrassing...:S

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^