Tuesday

Pooky Night!

So I'm sure everyone has heard of Halloween.... right? Well for those oblivious people living under a rock, Halloween happens to take place on the 31st of October every year. Most notable for children dressing up in costumes and going door to door collecting sweets. Then of course there is the eating too many sweets and feeling queasy for days. But who cares? It's Halloween. As for the title; Pooky Night comes from the Irish word puca meaning ghost, a mischievous spirit. Has anyone ever heard of it being called Pooky? (I haven't)
Here's my pumpkin George:
Yeah, I'm not a professional carver...
 
And I attempted my greeting mat:
But then one of our cats tore it up so it is no  more...
I also made my sister's costume:
Can anyone guess who she's going as?
2 marks - her profession
5 marks - her name
3 marks - telling me how wonderful my sewing skills are (;L)
3 marks - the book this character is in
2 marks - for just entering your guess
Good Luck!


Happy Hallowe'en Everyone!
x

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I'm not just saying this to get points, but that sewing is actually very good :) That's not much coming from me, I can't sew to save my life... Like, seriously -- no exaggeration -_- And is your sister a Harry Potter teacher, or someone...? Me? Vague? Nah... Happy Halloween anyhow! :D
    - Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! 8 out of 15. She is in Harry Potter! (3marks) Not a teacher though. And thanks about the sewing!(3 marks)
      Marian :D x
      Bonus: 2 marks for guessing

      Delete
    2. Love the costume. It is so cute.
      Enjoy Halloween.
      Are you going Trick or Treating?
      -Abbie.

      Delete
    3. Thanks!
      No, I don't think I am going trick or treating. Haven't gone in years actually.
      Might watch good ol' Casper in front of the fire instead!
      Marian :D x

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog and have been reading for ages....so great. Loving your door mat! Fair play on the sewing, it's looking good :-) Is it Tonks (Auror) from Harry Potter? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Thanks! Lovely to meet you!
      8 out of 15 too. Alas, not Tonks!I would have added a lot more purple for Tonks.
      Marian :D x
      Hint: look at the colours, all black right? (forget about the buttons and ribbon) hence evil!

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^