Monday

To Kill a Mockingbird


 

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is considered a classic. It's a book told from the perspective of little Scout Finch. She, a long with her brother Jem and supposedly future husband Dill take a journey to maturity. They see the way the world is with it's faults and wonders. Racism and predjudice is a big factor in this story when Atticus, Jem and Scout's father, defends Tom Robinson a black man. The main feature that held my attention was the mysterious Boo Radley, the Finch's neighbour. He was rarely seen and said to only come out at night. The children fed each other's imagination with rumors about his appearance and reasons for remaining hidden, and they fantasized about how to get him out of his house.
To Kill a Mockingbird is not my usual type and it would probably have never stood out from the rest of those wonderful novels except for the fact it is one of the most famous. The book I picked up from my library was tattered and bruised from overuse. 
I didn't think it was amazing but that was probably because I had expected more from it. Don't get me wrong it is a really good book but people shouldn't tell you it's incredible before you read it. I t deals with serious issues during troubled times so don't go bringing it with you on holidays.
I've also heard it's read in schools often but so far we've never had to study it.
My rating for this book is 7.5/10.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^