Tuesday

Pumpkins and Minions and Pie (oh my!)

So that great gust of a storm and the often roars of thunder do create a nice atmosphere to coincide with Halloween. It certainly sounds like a ghost (or a whole army of them) are camping outside my window whilst I shiver in my bed and try to block out the flashes of lightning. Besides all that scary business, I actually do enjoy Halloween.
I'm one of those people who get far too excited over festivals and novelty days so as usual Last Saturday,I pondered, in the shop, over which lucky pumpkin would experience my mad carving skills this year.
Meet Harry: the chosen one

Somehow all our pumpkins have been following a Harry Potter theme. Last year we had George, Fred was before that ....etc.
I think next year we might have Charles. It also fits in with the Royal Family. (well, besides Fred)
I just love the Royal Family.
Anyhoo, to change things up a bit I carved an owl (I think I'll call her Hedwig)
 
I know it doesn't look great in that picture. It looks absolutely ghastly. But the final thing, all lit up, looks fairly good.
 
Result!
However my attempts to make a pumpkin pie failed, dramatically.
 
This year, for a fancy dress, I was a minion! The funny thing is, I've never actually seen Despicable Me.....
 
Happy Halloween
Marian x




2 comments:

  1. I love your pumpkin design - it's so clever :)

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! That's such a sweet comment. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^