Thursday

October Round Up

So it appears my last Round Up (an oddly my first) was last June. The again I did not have much to "round up" about in those summer months. Nevertheless here is the latest....

What I blogged
  • My welcome post, announcing the new blog name and why I chose "The Flying Key"
  • Shortly after that I went to Switzerland on a physics trip (well only about 10% was actually physics. What can I say, a girl has got to shop)
  • I was overwhelmed by the Christmas Spirit that had been growing since June and so naturally I blogged (well more like ranted)
  • I baked a Hedgehog cake!! Twas scrumptious.
  • My pumpkin Harry featured. I also just bought two more (Ron and Hermione - to complete the collection). To spice things up this Halloween I carved an owl. Any ideas for the other two?

What I read
  • The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Not great, I'll admit.
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green. Well, I'm technically not finished. I just started the "after" part. I cried as much as I did with TFiOS. Actually I'm still bawling...

What I plan to read
  • The Clever One by Helena Close. Recommended by a friend.
  • Geek Girl
  • Allegient - did I mention I got it? AAAAGHHHHH! Cannot wait to read it!!!!!!
  • Wicked
  • The 5th Wave
  • 1984 (as a result of Ruby's fabulous post)
Other Whimsical Ideas

hmmm.... well at a fancy dress I was a minion. Even though I have never seen Despicable Me. Doesn't make sense, I know. I painted my nails to look like ladybugs today. Are they called Ladybugs or Ladybirds? Anyhoo I've started doing a lot of artwork. Yesterday I sketched The Mad Hatter (the Johnny Depp version of course!).  I am now super excited for Christmas!! The decorations are everywhere! How long now till the Cocoa-Cola add?!! I also think I use the word "well" too much...

Happy Halloween!
Marian x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^