Thursday

Is it too early to be excited for Christmas?

If you said not at all, well then, great. Because I've been totally in the festive mood sense June! It's not that I'm a Holy Joe or anything, I just love the leading up to and atmosphere that comes with Christmas.
For me, this really begins to start a little while after we get back to school. Say end of September/ early October. Especially as last week, when I was in Switzerland, there was a wonderful nip in the air. I could see my misty breath rise into the violet night sky. I got to wear my knitted jumper, warm coat, wooly hat, snuggy scarf and mitten gloves. My cheeks tinged red and I say I could have stayed there forever.
Even now, at the height of Autumn, the crunch and colour of the fallen leaves make me smile. It's perfect weather for a bit of photography (if I had the proper equipment - *cough* *cough* it's on the wishlist) My instagramming will be on the rise shortly, as soon as I can find a free wifi zone. (you've no idea of the torture the countryside is)
And let us not forget Halloween! Not a major event on my calendar. If only I had a few dozen 5 year olds that would willingly let me make their costume. That would be a truly brilliant Halloween! Personally, I hate scary movies. They absolutely terrify me! Although I'm nearly always willing to give the ol' dvd a try, I usually have to change the channel or run screaming out of the room within the first five minutes.
But anyhoo, back to my focal pint:
It is 68 days until Christmas!!!!!
Does that sentence alone not make you want to shriek and jump around, singing Christmas carols? Agh, I'm so excited already! I need to Christmas shopping,.... where's my bag?.....

Happy early Christmas everyone!
Marian ^_^ x

(Dear Srcuges, *clears throat* l.e.a.v.e.)

2 comments:

  1. It is WAY too early to be excited Marian!! :D Call me a Grinch, but Christmas carols playing in lifts a quarter of a year too early just annoys me :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shakes head*
      if I had it my way they'd be playing in September!
      ^_^ x

      Delete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^