Thursday

Interview #3

My March interview is with the lovely Siobhán. So everyone give her a warm welcome. By clicking HERE you can find her blog "There's always light at the end of the tunnel"
And without further ado here is the interview.

1. First up, why did you start blogging?
Well it wasn't really by choice to be honest. It was part of my transition year I.T class. Every student in the class had to keep a blog to document the things we were doing during the year. The idea behind it was to replace the written folder of work each student would have to compile at the end of the year. I didn't take to it very well in the beginning but as time went by I realised that I loved writing and letting people know what was happening in my life.
2. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
That's a tough question. I never thought about it before, I guess my favourite thing would be sharing my story. My blog is a way for me to share my life experiences and help show others that no matter how bad things get that there is hope. I love that people can visit my blog and leave knowing that things get better. There is no limits to the things you can blog about and no matter what there is no stopping you. The freedom to express yourself and be who you really are is another one of my favourite things.
3. Any other hobbies?
Yes indeed!!
I love athletics and have been doing athletics for the past eleven years. I don't know what I would do without athletics in my life, it is such a huge part of me if I didn't have it I don't think I would be me.
Scouts is another one of my hobbies. I don't know why I love t so much I guess its the being active part and meeting new people. I have met people in scouts that have become like siblings to me and I would be lost without them.
Charity work especially related to mental health. I will do anything I can to try and make a difference to the way in which people in our society view mental health. I have been on the receiving end of stigma and so I want to make a difference and ensure young people do not have to experience what I went through in relation to stigma of mental health.

4. Do many of your friends know about your blog?
Hmm I like to think so. I know that my close friends know and any of the friends I made while in transition year know because we were all in the same boat then and we all knew about each others blogs. As I am a very active blogger and post links on facebook and twitter most of my friends would be aware of my blog. I guess being in local newspapers and kiss magazine and the fact I never shut up about my blog means that people know I blog, weather or not they read it is another questions all together.
5. How did you choose the name of your blog?
I don't really have a very good answer to this questions. I use to have lots of different quotes stuck on my bedroom wall and Theres always light at the end of the tunnel was one of them. I just decided I like it and figured that if I ever did want to write about really personal things in my life the title would suit. It shoe people that there is hope and one of the main thins my blog is about is providing hope for those who need it most.
6. What's your favourite animal?
That's a bit of a random question. Emm well I guess my favourite animal would have to be either a dog or goldfish.
7. I guess it is a bit random.... In a totally different direction then, what is your ambition in life?
Hmm well my ambition in life is to..... I don't know really. I guess I would like to go to college and do youth work. I hope that I will be able to help people in life and make a difference.
 
Thanks Siobhán for this wonderful opportunity, you were lovely to interview!
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi! :)
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out here!

    http://bright-eyes-and-beautiful-lies.blogspot.ca/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    -Dare :)

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^