Monday

My obsession with Wrapping Paper

It's been so long. I don't think I've been on blogger for two weeks! I had my Christmas tests (more like mock Leaving Cert) over the past couple of weeks. We had 2-hour long tests in our freezing theatre (yes we have that posh a school) but I'm a bit apprehensive about my report coming soon.
But I cannot get over that it is CHRISTMAS EVE! So I'll take this chance to wish every blogger out there a very merry Christmas!
I have been very busy shopping for friends and family, and then wrapping the presents. I'm not sure how people view wrapping presents. Do you find it a chore and put it off for as long as possible or does it get you all festive? Me, personally, I LOVE wrapping presents. Especially boxes. Oh, I just love trying to perfect the folds and lines. Actually I think I'm a bit OCD about it. I sit on the ground usually next to the fire or near the tree and spend a couple of hours wrapping presents.
But it's not only that part I enjoy, shopping for the wrapping paper is just as fun. Believe me it's no easy task raking through dozens of choice. It has to be pretty and cheery. I prefer paper then that crinkly metallic (or is it plastic?) shiny paper. It doesn't tear easily and takes the fun out of tearing the gift open.
That of coarse is the cherry on the cake. Waking up Christmas morning, to a quiet house or sometimes very frantic sister, hopefully a blanket of snow engulfs the rolling hills out my bedroom window and a heap of wrapping-paper-embraced gifts stacked around and under the tree. Just looking at all those colours and styles of wrapping paper puts a smile on my face. Let the present opening begin!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Night!
x


6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love wrapping paper, and ribbons! Merry Christmas, have a good one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too and have a very happy new year!
      Marian :D x

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love wrapping paper! Especially when you're cutting it and the glide happens -- that makes me unbelievably happy! :) Anyway, if you check out my latest blog post, I'm starting this monthly newsletter about books and other random things... Can I count you in?
    ~ Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, yes, that gliding is just amazing. It's like a thrill!
      And yes, I have checked out your last post and yes yes yes I want the newsletter!
      Marian :D X

      Delete
  3. Congrats! i've nominated you for the what an amazing blog award! Come to my blog for the deets! :) http://gjamhill.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^