Sunday

Gift idea

I think it is about time I do a craft post. It's been so long since I did my "usual stuff" (book reviews, craft, baking...)
A couple of weeks ago it was one of my friends birthday. It was over midterm and there was no way I would be near any shop so out came paper, scissors and double-sided tape.

A Memory Book
What you will need:
5 blank cards
scissors or even better a paper slicer for straight lines
double sided sellotape
ribbons
punch holer
foam stickers to give the impression of 3-D
pretty paper with lots of design
and a few pictures of the person who will own it

 
1. stick the cards together as shown in picture. (make sure the front resembles opening a book)
2. pick plain coloured paper for background. Cut to right size and stick to each page.
3. Then use pattern paper and cut at angles to look like like a pocket.
Make sure to only stick the sides of the pocket to give room for what will go inside
Continue until all pages are full
Then cut out 6 frames for the pictures so they fit into the pocket.
I forgot to take more pictures of this one, but here is one I completed last year
And don't forget the cover
That's it!
 
Happy crafting
x
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! My sister is really into all that crafty stuff, I'll show her your blog cos she'll probably want to give that a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! Such a simple idea but so lovely....has been place on my craft 'to do' list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrap my craft 'to do' list -- I'm doing this now! It looks amazing, you're very gifted at art :)
    ~ Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Thanks!
    Glad ye like it!
    Marian :D x

    ReplyDelete

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^