Sunday

Looking for Alaska

As you all know John Green is one of the most greatest, skilled and absolutely heart-wrenching authors known to the readers of the world. So when I finished The Fault in Our Stars during the summer. I just had to run to the book store and buy as much John Green as I could get. Looking for Alaska is such an incredible book that made me laugh, bawl and hate hate HATE John Green so much more.

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same.
.
Okay, so, I'm sure most of you have read it and can understand when I say that that book was horribly beautiful and tragically brilliant. John Green did it again. It's been a few months since I've read it, but there are parts that stick out in mind, as if I only read it yesterday. The characters, for one thing, are gorgeously written and they are people you can relate to. Looking for Alaska includes all the elements of a typical teenager life; friends, school, love, smoking, drinking, breaking rules, having fun and the confusion we seem to face daily.

I absolutely loved this books. It's interesting to read from a boy's perspective. Pudge seems to be the only normal and ordinary kid in the books. But travels this journey through life that mainly focuses on the very wild and completely screwed up Alaska Young. She is a character that I would probably hate in real life but when you get to know her and all her craziness you can see that she is her own person. And I respect that.

In the book there is the "before section" and the "after". After what? Well, that's part of the story.When I was reading the after section I could barely see the page as tears streamed down my face. I think I almost cried as much as I did with TFiOS. -well, not quite as much. I mean, I don't think you can get a more heart-strangling book!
I most definitely, absolutely, completely give this book 5 stars!
Happy Reading!
Marian ^_^  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I solemnly swear to reply every time ^_^